Sunday, September 10, 2006

Diagnosis from the Doctor

What a week for Australian Celebrities, not a good run with the passing of the endearing character that was the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin (did shed a tear over that one) and then the seemingly infallible Peter Brock. Bit of a tragedy really.

Well after two and a half months of the same cold my doctor ordered up blood work and on Friday I got the results. Two courses of antibiotics and still no improvement, I think I had convinced myself in the waiting room that I had throat cancer as that could be the only likely explanation for my symptoms. Well thankfully the results came back a little less over dramatic:
Thyroid – excellent
Liver – Excellent (ha that was surprising)
Ross River Virus – Negative
Malaria – Negative
All the bad ones out of the way, so that left me with a diagnosis from the doctor that I have now Tonsillitis and that I did have Glandular Fever, great missed it in year 12 only to be hit with it later. Now before I hear ‘kissing disease’ must have picked it up some other way. Anyways a course and a repeat prescription of Doxycycline tablets and I should be right in a week! Problem is those little babies make me physically sick so I’ve been taking them after a full meal and just before I go to bed.

The weather is getting HOTTER we avg 35 most days now, not long til the build up! Ahh the humidity, fingers crossed I don’t go troppo – nah, not likely.

Have a uni assignment due Tuesday that I really should be working on, so best I focus on that for a couple of hours! Out for Indian tonight - have managed to find a pretty good place in Nightcliff that's cheap and serves up a great Marsala. Not quite as good as Hot Gossip though.

Plan for September visit to Adelaide is arrive Wed 27th (approx 6pm) then free time til my meeting on Thu morning, fly back to Darwin Thu afternoon. I also have a unit test worth 30% the day after I get back from Cairns, so I’ll be taking the text books with me to tropical paradise!