Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm Lazy at Blog's


Unfortunately I’m the first to admit I have been pretty lazy at keeping the posts up to date. Unfortunately I actually can’t say that I’ve been too busy to actually update the blog, I have in fact just been lazy.

Anyways since last update here’s a snapshot of what I’ve been up 2!

First of all was the visit to Perth to see Megg’s, Kendi and Dee, sensational time had by all and managed to make some new pommy friends along the way!

Then headed to Melbourne in March for our work sales and management conference, bonus cheque in hand for doing a good job last year I returned home to my new (but actually 20 year old) townhouse to begin the renovation plans.

Funny how living in a place how quickly you change your mind about what is important to get done around the place. So out went the ideas to build a outdoor area and get that concreted, and in come the cabinet makers to quite on a new kitchen. I can no longer cope with washing everything in the cupboards each time I want to use it. 20 years of mould and smells means everything in the drawers and cupboards gets a film on it that is simply unpalatable.

So I settled on a design and some colours, and began purchasing electrical and kitchen things. Going with off which cupboards, with light beige drawers and a darker laminex bench top. Haven’t picked out tiles or a splashback yet… Which brings me to my next topic.

Darwin, NT. Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday, Not Thursday…

So lounge suite arrived on Tuesday after ordering it nine weeks ago (it's too big - but I'm too stubborn to admit it). Fortunately had more success with the oven, cooktop and rangehood for the kitchen – lead time 3 weeks on the dot. Next is the sink… well what a drama… 4 weeks in and the sink still hasn’t left Adelaide! So the retailer tells me it was released last Thursday and will be another two weeks away! So hence cabinet maker can’t build the other half of my kitchen until it arrives… even worse the retailer I purchased it from was the only one that promised me I would have it in two weeks!

So Simon from the Gold Coast came to visit last week, so went for a drive to Litchfield and the touristy wildlife parks. Am becoming quite proficient on my tour guide skills!

Jess had her baby, a bog, Logan Ashton Steve! He’s gorgeous and I can’t wait to visit him early next month. Should work out well as I have Sharon and Joe’s daughters christening on the Sunday in Adelaide too! Babies are everywhere. Thinking about getting a puppy, but that is on hold just now while the renovations are in full swing. Broke the hot water tap in the shower this morning so will have to add that onto the emergency fix it list. Missed my brother while he was back in

Went to the dawn service, the Anzac parade, the RSL, the pub, the races an two up yesterday… brilliant day! Happy snaps to follow! Take care all, cya soon.